Music Free Static Episode 50
Table of Contents
1 0:00:00 Introduction
Welcome to Music Free Static. This is episode 50 recorded on May 18, 2013. I'm your host, Randall Smith, bringing you all the static of those other podcasts but none of the music.
Subscribe to Music Free Static:
2 0:01:56 More on the IRS Scandal
- At least four Colorado Tea Party groups were targeted http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_23261032/irs-asked-colorado-conservative-groups-who-their-friends
- Sen. Michael Bennet signed a letter asking IRS to investigate Tea Party groups http://thecoloradoobserver.com/2013/05/our-view-bennets-irs-pickle/
- Pro-life groups in Iowa and Texas were refused tax-exempt status unless the promised not to protest against Planned Parenthood http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/16/irs-to-pro-life-group-send-letter-pledging-not-to-protest-planned-parenthood-to-get-your-tax-exemption/
- On-going since 2010 http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/16/data-on-nonprofit-applications-debunks-irss-rationale-for-scrutinizing-tea-partiers/
- How "Media Matters" is skirting the law http://minx.cc/?post=340047
3 0:16:06 Why Should "Journalists" Get More Protection?
- In AP surveillance case, the real scandal is what’s legal http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/14/in-ap-surveillance-case-the-real-scandal-is-whats-legal/
- Sen. Michael Bennet has signed on a co-sponsor of the proposed "Shield Law" http://www.9news.com/rss/article/336555/166/Bennet-signs-up-to-co-sponsor-shield-law
- Theoretically, existing law could have prevented the seizure of phone records. http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/16/wh-golly-if-we-had-a-shield-law-we-wouldnt-have-broken-the-other-laws-in-ap-records-scandal-or-something/
5 0:42:11 55 CO Sheriffs Sue over New Gun Laws
- Suit filed http://thecoloradoobserver.com/2013/05/sheriffs-file-lawsuit-against-gun-control-bills/
- Links to press conference video and complaint http://www.joncaldara.com/2013/05/17/54-colorado-sheriffs-file-lawsuit-against-anti-gun-bills/
- List of sheriffs http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2013/05/17/heroes-list-of-54-colorado-sheriffs-suing-over-gun-control-legislation/
- AG John Suthers has issued narrow interpretations http://www.9news.com/rss/article/336703/166/AG-Suthers-interprets-magazine-limit-law
Music Free Static Video Podcast by Randall Smith is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.