If the Democrats have their way, taxes with sky rocket and the deficit will, too, because they plan on spending every dime and more.
On to the links while we can still afford them.
- Saguache County approved the construction of a pair of 656 foot tall solar towers. The project sounds cool but such towers don't do well in high wind and the San Luis Valley has high winds through out the Spring.
- It's a little early but it looks like K-12 and higher ed may be spared budget cuts this year.
- It also looks like the Senior Homestead tax exemption will be back this year.
- I hope you haven't gotten used to cheap electricity because Obama's EPA has banned new coal plants.
- No surprise. Congressional Democrats want huge tax hikes on the middle class and the nation would still be running huge deficits. On the other hand, Republicans have a plan to balance the budget in five years. Guess who the press will vilify.
- Breaking: The Medieval Warm Period was warm. It was also world wide.
- ObamaCare didn't fare well in yesterday's hearing. Heritage has the audio and transcript.
- Nice. The EPA got spanked by the courts again.